7 Facts About Swine FluWith all the sensationalized news about the swine flu this last year, it is wise to set all the facts straight.
1. In humans, the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general. In most cases, the strain responsible for the 2009 swine flu outbreak causes only mild symptoms. EVERY YEAR, IN THE US ALONE, APPROX 36,000 PEOPLE DIE FROM INFLUENZA AND FLU RELATED COMPLICATIONS SUCH AS PNEUMONIA!
2. This virus has nothing to do with swine/pigs. In fact, it hasn’t been seen in a single animal. And you can’t possibly get it from eating pork.
3. No existing vaccines can prevent this new flu strain. So no matter what you hear – even if it comes from your doctor – getting a regular flu shot will not help. They rarely work against seasonal flu…and certainly can’t offer protection from a never-before-seen strain.
4. Speaking of this strain, it doesn’t seem to have come on naturally. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), this particular strain has never before been seen in pigs or people. And according to Reuters, the strain is a ‘genetic mix’ of swine, avian and human flu. Was it created in a lab? We don’t know yet. Updated Dec 2009, yes we do know that this is a genetically modified organism.
5. The drug companies are getting excited…and that’s not really a good thing. According to the Associated Press, at least one financial analyst estimates up to $388 million worth of Tamiflu sales in the near future – and that’s without a pandemic outbreak. It is important to remember that these pharmaceutical companies are running a business too, so you may want to consider how if this took on a little “panic” it would boost sales.
6. Let’s not forget that the Tamiflu shot comes with its own problems, including side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, fatigue, cough…the very symptoms you’re trying to avoid. And let’s not forget that Japan banned this drug for children back in 2007, after links to suicidal behavior.
7. New vaccines for this flu strain probably won’t have to jump through all those annoying hurdles like clinical trials for safety and effectiveness. That won’t, however, stop the government from mandating the vaccine for all of us – a very likely scenario. Without the necessary testing, this will raise the potential that the vaccines are actually harmful…causing accidental death, for example.
Update: the ingredient list has now been disclosed and in fact, this series of vaccines has the highest levels of the mercury-based preservative thimerosal, which is linked to Autism, since the pharma companies came under scrutiny for using it in 2006.
You can read more about this toxic ingredients list and the side effects may include clause on our sister site's blog, www.blog.fountainofwellness.com/current-health-issues/flu-shots-get-your-flu-shots-here.
On that note, DID YOU KNOW the pharmaceutical companies that make this, or any other vaccine, will be immune from lawsuits. Yes, that is one hundred percent truth. The federal government protects these companies from a lawsuit being brought against them for a mistake. This makes them one hundred percent unaccountable for their products. Now that is one shot we will say no thank you to- actually we say no to all vaccinations. It is still our ‘right to personal beliefs’ and no matter how they position the idea that you must have a shot that supposedly protects us from contagious and infectious diseases, for the moment, it is against the law to enforce it.
Swine Flu Update From The CDC
The Swine flu has been given so much attention as one of the those 'extra scary' contagious and infectious diseases that many Americans have an over stimulated, fearful perspective. When in truth the numbers of death are now so low that the reports...read more.